Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Send Expired Coupons to Our Troops

A couple months ago when I was checking out at Publix I stood behind a woman that told me she had "a lot" of coupons and that if I wanted to go to another check to avoid standing there a while I should. Well I had nothing else to do and was fine standing there and watching her. Well I witnessed her spend $40 for over $250 worth of groceries. Let just say she inspired me! So at that moment I decided to join the "crazy coupon lady club". Well so far so good, although I have not saved that much I have been saving about 1/3 of my grocery bill with a little planning and coupons.

I have also discovered some amazing websites that do most of the work for you, southernsavers.com. I am going to attempt my first Walgreens and CVS savings today, I'll post my results later. Anyway.... it has been so much fun seeing what I can buy and how much I can save.

So I cleaned out my coupon binder this past Sunday and have bunch of coupons that have expired. So what so do with them? Well I found this site.... http://www.ocpnet.org/. You can send the expired coupons to our troops and their families overseas. They can use expired coupons for up to 6 months AFTER they have expired! What a great way to help them out with saving money and keep the paper out of our landfill. For the price of a little time and a little money (postage) you can send coupons overseas and make a world of difference for people that are making a difference for you!

Please let me know if you either do it or if you plan too!

No comments:

Post a Comment